Our premier Alaska Bear Viewing trip introduces you to two styles of observing large coastal brown bears feeding and interacting with their young in their natural habitat. The small plane adventure affords you the experience of participating in a photo safari across Cook Inlet to Katmai or Lake Clark National Parks.
Lake Clark National Park offers a more personalized premium coastal viewing encounter. Maximum 5 people per plane, with a private guide, you will enjoy close-up views of bears rolling in coastal grasses, romping with their young, and staving off other bears for territory of the creek. A prime salmon feeding ground, your photos won’t capture the awe and wonder you will experience in the presence of the great coastal brown bear!
Katmai National Park offers views of the bears feeding in the waterfalls from three elevated platforms high above with many other guests. This is a SELF-GUIDED bear viewing option, but one that is world famous. Neither tour “guarantees” bear sightings so talk to your Tour Coordinator to secure the best time to travel to each of the destinations.
Choose from one of the two listed National Park tours for the BEST bear viewing adventure in Alaska!
DELUXE ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
Lake Clark National Park – 6.5 Hr
- Departure: 9 AM – 3:30 PM
- Coastal Brown Bear Viewing creekside with berry-covered meadows
- Scenic flight near 3 Active Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Beach aircraft landing at low tide, depending on bear locations
- Bear Orientation & a hearty pack lunch
- Naturalist Bear Guide/Pilot
Katmai National Park – Brooks Falls 10 Hr
- Self-Guided Katmai bear viewing at Brooks Falls – via elevated platforms!
- Wildlife watching on return flight for beluga whales, moose and Dall sheep
- A window seat and 2-way headset; ask your pilot questions!
- Detailed knowledge of an Alaska bush pilot