This adventure begins with a tour of the beautiful City of Anchorage. Learn what happened to the land when it broke apart in the 1964 earthquake and slid into the Cook Inlet.
Travel down the Seward Highway, a “National Scenic Byway,” viewing majestic wildlife, hanging glaciers and rugged mountains. Experience a trilling aerial tram ride (with lunch) up Mt Alyeska in the Chugach mountain range. Then take time to marvel at the beauty of the Chugach State Park & Forest.
Experience the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, a rescue and rehabilitation organization for injured and orphaned animals. Visit with orphaned grizzly bears, injured eagles, families of elk and bison, and many other Alaskan wild animals. Finally explore Begich Boggs Visitor Center at Portage Glacier. Expand your knowledge of the valley’s glaciers. End the day with a return to Anchorage. Full Day Adventure 10 AM – 6 PM.
DELUXE ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR:
- Potters Marsh (state game refuge)
- Alyeska Aerial Tram Ride (lunch included)
- Seward Highway, a “National Scenic Byway”
- Roadhouse Museum
- Windy Point (Dall sheep viewing)
- Beluga Point (Beluga whale spotting)
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
- Portage Glacier
- Full Day Adventure 10 AM – 6 PM